Monday, August 15, 2005

Strange Ads and Evo- Crit

I assume the blogads track words in text--? I see that some promoting "creation science" are up right now--??? WHAT? Whatever this blog's sympathy to matters spiritual we are firmly reality based and have no truck with creationism or "Intelligent Design"-- I was educated as an evolution and populations biologist. To banish them, let us all chant "EVOLUTION EVOLUTION DARWIN DARWIN DARWIN!"

Then take yourself off to 2Blowhards for a long and fascinating post, with many links, to what might be called Evolutionary Literary Criticism, as practiced by such as Fred Turner and Denis Dutton. As always, plenty of other good stuff on Blowhards too.

Update: that's better-- Ugly Otters and archaeology...

7 comments:

Reid Farmer said...

I liked the ads that popped in for penguin toys last week!

Matt Mullenix said...

Yea I think it's just a machine looking at keywords in the text (uncomprehending) and matching them to paid ads.

I kind of liked the creationist ads appearing on your blog, Steve. Sort of cheeky! But I'd draw the line at PETA ads.

Reid Farmer said...

PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals??

Chas S. Clifton said...

The "bird control" fits too. Steve's place is overrun with pigeons.

Anonymous said...

I present to you "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism" http://www.venganza.org/

Steve Bodio said...

Good one Dave!

Anonymous said...

Comment