Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back to Reality

I'm back from a long and wonderful weekend attending and celebrating the wedding of my stepson, Jackson Frishman, to his sweetheart Nikki Mazzia. The crew was a unique mix of Eastern Orthodox, St. John's College (Santa Fe campus), river rats, Magdalenians, and... more. Not just a few bloggers either; Odious AND Peculiar, usually separated by geography except in the world of blogs; Writhing in Apathy, about whom I will write in more detail later: the Alpha Environmentalist (I was able to utter a sentence that I truly enjoyed: "Odious, meet the Alpha Environmentalist! "): Kate of The Little Bookroom; Pen and Paper, The Pumpkin King,Nine Scorpions, and I think more...

I have a large backlog of subject matter ranging from Zimbabwe to Kurdistan (and always China), from sharks to sturgeons, from George Leonard Herter to more animal laws to the flu. Still busy for the next few days but will begin to get them up.

And as for the wedding, most visually splendid I have ever been to, there will be pics.

1 comment:

Voracious Reader said...

Again, congrats. It was a beautiful wedding, and all of us couldn't be happier for them.