Tuesday, June 06, 2006

To Google or Not To Google (a note from Webmaster Q.)

In its First Anniversary Celebration Week, Querencia took a few minutes to tally up the revenue it generated via the Google ads over the past year. These ads come to you in the little box to the left (don't look; we've deleted them), which predictably/maddeningly mismatch the ads with our content. For example: We note the evil intents of Wayne Pacelle? Google gives us ads for HSUS. That sort of thing.

Anyway, it did not take long to tally up $0.00 and to discover that the only one making money on Google ads is Google. Outrageous fortunes, indeed!

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I've been trying out the google ads too, on my review blog. I find it very funny that I wrote about the bad mastering jobs that upset my husband so much...and saw google ads for CD mastering.

Matt Mullenix said...

I'll be curious if you have any luck there, Heidi