Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Good Reads Elsewhere

Both Peculiar at O & P and Heidi have been producing an inordinate amount of good bloggage lately and you should really read all of it. But a few highlights: here, Peculiar writes an essay on the late Steve Irwin that is far better than my brief commemoration below, going as he does into what high risk pursuits actually are (see also splendid photos above and below this post)

And here he describes a particular ten- book "stockchen" (meme) that I am hereby tagged with, and will post soon. He gives me too much credit-- I read fast but therefore must keep a huge pile of books bedside and elsewhere-- I am notorious for taking two or three in the CAR-- to feed my raging appetite.

As for Heidi-- if you have time read it all of course. But my favorites are on Equestrian Chic and -- Demolition Derbies!

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh Steve, you flatter me- and Iike it! Thanks so much for the recognition!

Two things I must take time for tomorrow-
1) Catch up on Querencia reading

2) Write Peculiar's Ten Book list.

Matt Mullenix said...

Wow--great posts all. There are a bunch of smart people here. i better go back with my own kind.

Heidi the Hick said...

okay, I took up the Ten Book Challenge. It was easy. I could have given you twenty that are sitting on my shelf waiting for me. I kinda sick that way...