Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Bleg

(That is, a Blogger's beg)..

Do any of my readers have or know of a "Baby Bretton" French over- and- under shotgun that I could borrow, shoot, and photograph for a series of articles on French shotgun design?

They are rare in the States and I have never even seen one. Like many French inventions they are unique-- they have a sliding opening system, and are the lightest in the world.

All shipping and insurance to be paid by me, of course.

New Mexico is snowed in today-- pics later perhaps. We have a foot-- at Peculiar's in Santa Fe, three hours north, they got THREE last night. We were intending to go there for New Year's and Mr. P's birthday, but the highway between is closed in at least two places, so I suspect we are housebound.

Update: so are the P's. Go here for pics.

5 comments:

Peculiar said...

I've got a few post-storm pics up.

Anonymous said...

Gary Murphy at chopperlumps@mindspring.com or 734-663-3424 is a Francophile of some note who used to shoot with the GLSSA. He'll know.

Steve Bodio said...

Thanks, 2shots-- I'll contact him. I have two Darnes and an Ideal, so we should have much to talk about.

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve

Happy New year - I think this is the info you need- The Bretton manufacture has , like many French , individual shotguns, had a rather chequered career!

I think I saw them exhibiting at a "joint stand " at the French Game Fair in Chambord ( The World's Best !!) last year , I believe !

Hope this helps

If you need any more info, Herve Bruchet will know the latest info!

BRETTON-GAUCHER
17 rue Victor Grignard
ZI de Montreynaud
42 026 SAINT-ETIENNE Cedex

Phone : 04 77 33 38 92
Fax : 04 77 41 95 72
e-mail : info@bretton-gaucher.com

Anonymous said...

Steve,
I have a Baby Bretton, 12 ga., 65mm chambers. If you still need one contact me at rbleile@insightbb.com.