Monday, December 18, 2006

Reid is Moving

I wanted to make a public announcement about something I've told a few privately. Connie and I have accepted transfers from our current employer and will be moving to work at their Denver, Colorado office. Our move will most likely take place in January, but timing will be conditioned by the move-in date of the house we buy there. We're still looking, so that's still up in the air.

We'll miss Santa Barbara and our friends here, but Colorado is a kind of second home to us. I went to graduate school at the University of Colorado - Boulder, and worked at the University of Northern Colorado for a while after graduating. Connie and I lived in the Denver area the first seven years of our marriage and both children were born there. Connie also has family living in town. We haven't lived there for almost 20 years, but we have visited often and Denver has a familiar homey feel for us.

So there won't be as many posts from me on beach subjects, but lots more on the Southern Rockies and the High Plains.

5 comments:

Mary Strachan Scriver said...

I'll miss the beach shots, Reid, but I'm always rather relieved when people move away from that potential earthquake site. The "noise" about that has been more intense lately.

On the other hand, they say there's a Big One due along the east side of the Rockies, too.

It's an exciting world!

Prairie Mary

Heidi the Hick said...

Well, how exciting/ sad/ adventurous!

I'll miss the beach stories too. But since I live vicariously through Reid's blogging, I guess I'll get an education about mountainous terrain now!

Happy house hunting!

PBurns said...

The Rockies are just about the best this country has to offer. Congratulations on the new move!

Patrick

Reid Farmer said...

Thanks, guys!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you! I lived in Denver several long times ago too (when tumbleweed rolled along 15th Street, and later when the symphony hall opened). Oil derricks between Denver and Boulder are long replaced but those skies, the mountains, (and as crazy as it is for some breeds of dogs and consequently people), met wonderful people, forever friends.
Out of California - good for you.
-margory