Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things to smile about


After depressing myself with yesterday's post about eagles, I decided I'd better share some better news. Remember the seven pronghorn antelope fawns I photographed a few weeks ago? They are really growing. Here are five babies from the same meadow, taken earlier this week.

That same morning, I saw this cottontail at a gravel pit - I hate being caught with food in my mouth, but this one is cute while it eats.


The good news is that I'm seeing a lot of sage grouse this year. There are plenty of bugs, so the chicks should have done well. Our bats are back in the barn near the river, so I might sneak in there soon and fire off a few shots. The other interesting thing I saw this week was a "kettle" of nighthawks as it flew over the house. There were at least 200 birds in the group, a beautiful sight.

No comments: