Sunday, November 06, 2011

Hot Links





The LA Times proclaims the cactus pear is the Rodney Dangerfield of the fruit world. Well, people don't mind all the seeds in watermelon, do they?

Someone tries to rob the wrong pizza delivery man in Memphis.

Someone tries to rob the wrong motel in Los Angeles.

Researchers find evidence of prostate cancer in an ancient Egyptian mummy. I had to laugh at this article's referral to "ancient peeps." I'll have to use that in my next conference paper presentation.

Here's an interesting comparison of how different airlines are configuring their Airbus A380s.

NY Times reports on the latest green trend, sheep lawn mowers. Pic shows workers on hectic commute to job site.

2 comments:

BorderWars said...

I think Eddie might be in for a rude awakening when he finds out that mom and dad's covenants don't allow hoofed animals. Looks more like a parent subsidized eco-fantasy hobby than a real green business to me. I wonder if $2/day would even pay for liability insurance if he decided to get some.

Retrieverman said...

It's not every day you see Jacob sheep.

The first ones I ever saw were at 4-H camp when I was maybe 12 years old. I thought the extra horns were a joke.

The woman who had them was my long-term substitute teacher in first grade, and she bred what the AKC calls a "Belgian sheepdog" but is actually the Groenendael variety of the Belgian shepherd. The sheep were for her dogs to practice for AKC herding tests.