Friday, July 20, 2012

Priorities

Reacting to Kathy's good comment below, I thought I would post some pix of Casa Q, to remind readers that while we live well we do NOT live in a palace...

Recently half of the dying cottonwood in the yard cracked and fell into it, luckily missing the hawk house. Omar, neighbor, bird hunting partner, and gardener, took down more with his young Navajo crew but what remains is still a sword of Damocles...
Here are the buttresses we put up several years ago because the rock wall was falling outward and dropping mortar on my head in bed-- still un- stucco'd:
The heating system:
Our productive but scruffy garden, built by hard labor from bare hardpan:
The whole house with '93 pickup (now sold for $500 to Montana the bartender)- we have a '97 Blazer now...
And to be fair, the interior-- like Central Asians, we keep our treasures inside...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words and for the pics. I admire your courage and your good taste. And your hospitality. I was somewhat drunk, having a beer, when I stumbled on your blog. Against my better judgment I posted my favorite rant and went to sleep.
This must be the internet counterpart to waking up in someone's yard to find them showing you around and inviting you in. You are a most gracious host!
Kathy

Steve Bodio said...

Thanks! And you are a gracious guest-- nothing wrong with having strong opinions. We have a few here...

Anonymous said...

....Yes, venting is good for the spleen(I do it all the time! My spleen is in magnificent shape!), and one often learns a lot that way, as it stimulates others to explain and harangue themselves. And this IS a most gracious, friendly, and open-minded blog, which is why I visit it regularly--like chatting with old friends--though I have yet to meet any of these people in person yet! We all don't agree on every issue either, but mostly agree to disagree about such things. I always enjoy visiting at Querencia.....L.B.