Thursday, July 25, 2013

Serious quote

From Rob Sheffield in the current Men's Journal:

"When you marry somebody, you are guaranteeing that you will have real problems, a future full of them, the kind that involve death and disease and grief... I know other husbands are afraid of this stuff. I have been afraid of it too, and when bad things really did happen they were even worse than I could have imagined. My nightmares came true, and I can't tell any husband he should be less afraid. Our fears are totally justified."

! This is a subject I have not seen written about, but when two widowed people decide to marry, as Libby and I did almost 20 years ago, you better believe it will be discussed.

1 comment:

Billybob Cornfed said...

and I have not seen such love and devotion in many years...