Monday, September 02, 2013

Goshawkery

Fall is coming and my thoughts turn to hawks and bird guns first. I don't know if I will have a chance to train a Gos again or not, but they will forever remain a favorite, flown in a circumpolar band by virtually every falconry culture because of their utility and I suspect beauty, though their temperaments do not always make training easy. (Either Asian Gosses are inherently tamer than ours or they do things a bit differently-- my own hawks, kept in the alcove between kitchen and dining room, are tamer than most, and this mirrors Asian practice...)

So as a preview of fall, the Brit Gos video,  Manchu falconers near the Amur River in China from this sory, HT Anne Price, and my friend Paul Domski, New Mexico master of Goshawks and hounds.




No comments: