Friday, November 27, 2015

Chris, RIP

I wrote the first part to my old cowboy friend Wade's relatives, so he would know :

"Christine Leister, Omar Qureshi's ’s first wife and very close to both Wade and me, died as peacefully as one can at dawn yesterday, in Cloudcroft I believe, of recurrent malignant melanoma, with her son, her parents, and her love Rob all present, and knowing that a good case for having her son Jai go to school in Cloudcroft, which they wanted, had been  made legally. Her parents should be in touch, and I will let folks know...SB"

Christine was basically a medical person, a PA, but she also rode, cooked, kept horses and goats and dogs, shot elk with a .270, and rebuilt my already swift  old '72 BMW into a road rocket by combining it with another, leaving just a shell for what my neighbors  call a "Dog bed."

These pics are Wade learning to skate from her a million years ago— best pic I have of either. I also sent them to her last month. Her dog "Pot" too, made for the wilderness or at least the Rez...

Much more to say later...


2 comments:

Peculiar said...

Memory eternal!

Anonymous said...

I agree . Wonderful, kind and loving Lady....Steve has my private thoughts.

JohnnyUK