Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Things to come..

(To keep my nose to the grindstone...)

Book reviews. EXCELLENT new book on why the Mega- Predators are ecologically vital. Science, new and rediscovered (hint: Leopold's Kaibab redux.) "Whale killers." Science as well as emotion, written not typed, and re- wilding too!

More reviews: Evolution vs ID, Matthiessen's Florida (still unfinished), Chinese wolf novel ditto. Oldish heavy book that seems to prove Central Asia hand Owen Lattimore's innocence of Soviet spying. Tim Mackintosh- Smith on Ibn "Battutah" as he spells it. Old Afghanistan (what the HELL happened anyway??) I can always read...

1 comment:

Rebecca K. O'Connor said...

How did you get it so soon!? I think my copy is getting here today...wasn't it released today? Damn. I never get to be one up on you. *grin*