Thursday, January 19, 2012

Two Links

Vadim Gorbatov has his own website at last! It is in Russian but just click around-- you don't need language to appreciate a great painter.

Click the second button ("Novosti") for not only tigers battling bears but great sketches and images including ones on this Samurai falconer.

You can buy his prints from Al Gates-- links in post below.

Also, though I am almost embarrassed to so to speak recommend myself, the Suburban Bushwhacker has just done a perceptive and moving review of Querencia- the- book. Thanks, Sten!

9 comments:

John Carlson said...

Steve,
Do you know if the Fidget books that Vadim was illustrating are going to be completed?

Steve Bodio said...

Will find out but I think yes- just slow economy. As far as I know the art is done.

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

You wrote it Steve and It aint braggin' if you really done it.

But thanks for the mention anyway

SBW

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this guy's stuff! This site is definetely on my favorites now, to visit and gloat whenever I get the chance. Perhaps one day he will illustrate a FINALLY PUBLISHED copy of that great, historically valuable promeshlinik manuscript!?!? That would be SO PERFECT.....L.B.

Steve Bodio said...

The book is finally coming- and at least the cover is by Vadim. More as it becomes a reality....

Anonymous said...

AWRIGHT! But alas, it will probably be WAY too expensive for this American peasant. Still and all, it will be great for posterity's sake....L.B.

Steve Bodio said...

Actually due to the marvel of POD apparently not much more than $20. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Dang! I got my fingers crossed!...L.B.

Anonymous said...

Now, if only Vladimir Beregovoy's primitive dogs book would drop in price......L.B.