Saturday, May 12, 2012

(Slightly rushed) news on the run and...

I have been rushing to finish 35,000 words on the Book of Books (rough halfway point); just got them in and am delighted to report that my editor approves! (Especially as I had decided to do it MY way and was therefore a little nervous).

Also fighting stress- exacerbated PD and bouts of gout. I am delighted and even more relieved to report that my general doc, the brilliant "Gringa Bourqena" Jennifer Phillips, has THAT under control as well.

Now if we can just get the roof on the library and over the bed to stop leaking...

Real News: The eagle book is up on Amazon, with a first- rate bio. I think the publishers have gotten this one right.

I will be doing a little more running before we settle in for the summer: I am taking a three- day "working vacation" next week to look over the TH White collection and archives at the amazing Harry Ransom Center at the University in Austin TX with Pluvialis. I shall take pix & blog (and eat barbecue-- thanks, Joel!) More to come...

2 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

Damn. So I have to wait till mid-October for the new book... that's just teasing!

Glad you're keeping busy and doing well, Steve.

Andrew

Moro Rogers said...

Pre-ordered.