Sunday, May 14, 2006

Puppy and a Sunset

I've had several inquiries as to the progress our new Aussie puppy Sadie, is making so I thought I would put up a few pictures we took on a beach walk a week ago Friday.

She really is growing. She weighed 10 pounds when we picked her up in early February and now she is pushing 35 pounds. You can see some comparison pictures here to see how she has grown. Sadie is also teething, and though the chewing is somewhat under control, we have lost a pair of Connie's reading glasses, a couple of plastic ballpoint pens, and the wooden handle of a spatula to her depredations.

We took her to an obedience school ("The Perfect Puppy Academy" I'm embarrassed to say) a first for us. But we did learn some good techniques so it was time well spent. She is an intelligent girl and learns quickly.

Connie and Sadie are now attending puppy training sessions for agility competition. Dogs of her breed are very good at those competitions, and it will take her obedience and coordination work to a new level.

So all in all Sadie is doing very well - and it's always fun at the beach.

And here is the promised sunset.


2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

beautiful, thank you!

I feel kind of silly about getting training for my dog too but it'll be worth it. Training a dog is different from training a horse. The predator/prey thing is different. Also, the house dog/farm dog thing is different!

Reid Farmer said...

Thanks, Heidi. I think school is a good thing for suburban dogs. Been meaning to tell you how much I like your pink John Deere hat.