Sunday, May 14, 2006

What Reid is Reading

Well, if Steve can do it I can do it...


The Fencing Master by Arturo Perez-Reverte (I'm a sucker for good historical novels. Don't miss his Captain Alatriste)

The Nature of Paleolithic Art by Dale Guthrie (Steve loves this one, too)

Fish on Friday by Brian Fagan (Fagan writes so much so well on archaeology, culture & history it is almost discouraging. And he's just across town. See also Writing Archaeology)

Reconquest and Crusade in Medieval Spain by Joseph O'Callaghan (IMO the most understudied topic of European history is the Spanish Reconquista - and the resultant effect of Islamic cultures on Spanish language and culture)

Gaudi by Maria Antonietta Crippa (I guess I'm on an Iberian jag!)

The Shaping of America Vol. 1 - Atlantic America 1492-1800 by D.W. Meinig (An oldy but new to me. Takes you out of your preconceived "map views" of early European entrance to the New World)

No comments: